Mac Pro Displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rph105, May 27, 2009.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Im currently running a Powermac G5 with 2 20" ACD's.

Looking into upgrading my computer to the new mac pro next month, am I to believe that the 24" LED Displays are the upgrade from my old displays and would be suitable for a Mac Pro. 2 iSights??? I'm not sure about that!

Thanks on advance

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can buy any DVI, VGA, or Mini DisplayPort display.

Good luck getting dual LED Cinema Displays to fit in your setup.

Oh, and you need two graphics cards to run dual LED Cinema Displays.

Just keep your displays and buy a Mini DisplayPort-DVI (single link) adapter and run them on one card.

3. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

...good info.

OP, are you looking for something cheap or highest quality?

4. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

To be honest I'm just looking to upgrade my displays, they're a bit worn out now and I wouldn't mind forking out for two 24-inch LED Cinema Display's if it's worth it... although I'm not too keen on the gloss.

I wanted to know if this LED Cinema Display's is the actual upgrade to the ACD's. As I recall Apple seem to be marketing these displays as the "first displays to be made precisely for a MacBook", I don't know about you but I don't feel too comfortable buying two displays for my Mac Pro that were made for a notebook.

5. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

So why not opt for another monitor that serves your needs or desires more precisely? There are better deals than the ACDs, and they're not going to match your MP, if that's important to you.

6. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

Agreed. I don't understand what makes the Cinema Display worth the extra cash over a similarly sized Ultra-Sharp DELL display, for example.

I wouldn't mind being schooled on the matter. :apple:

7. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

Depends on the panel tech in the Dell (they're not all IPS) and whether or not you like the benefits of LED backlighting. Myself, I'm more interested in say, NEC displays or the recent HP display that has an IPS panel for a mere $550. Good color, lots of connectivity, and excellent value for money.

8. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

you hear about these? - http://www.cinemaview.com/

...no webcam though, someone posted this the other week on here. I am hesitant still.

might be an option for ya...but, they won't be here till Sept.

CrackBookPro:cool:

9. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

Really? I don't think they're worth indulging in for a few good reasons - they're certainly TN panels, and definitely not state-of-the-art as a result. Definitely not LED backlit. Nothing to offer over other options mentioned, unless you really want an MDP monitor.

10. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

No offense but those look like complete rip-offs LMAO

11. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

none taken...I think they may turn out to be junk as well, but I was trying to help you out with anything I got. Sorry bud.

From the looks of it, you should just get the Apple LED Displays - I think that will satisfy your needs & wants.

CrackBookPro:cool:

12. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I would just wait until WWDC if you could. Why? I'm still not inclined to believe that Apple intended the 24" display to be used on their desktops. It may match, but its connectivity is too specialized. Mac Mini connectivity, for example, may have been just a convenient mistake, but with the 24" led having MagSafe of all things,then speakers etc, and Apple's own marketing, its pretty clear what the intended audience for these were.

Then again, with them discontinuning the 20" cinema display but not the 30", perhaps Apple feels that there is no reason to upgrade...although it would be a good idea to make a 30" with a FW800 hub.

//dreaming.