Mac Pro Doesn't Recognize Bluetooth Card

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by tcslive, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tcslive macrumors newbie

I just bought this mac pro and it intermittantly will recognize its bluetooth card. it is really annoying, seeing as i use the bluetooth mouse as well as keyboard. Whenever I restart after about 10 times, I have bluetooth. Anyone had the same issue or resolution? Thanks!

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

would you be a little more descriptive of the problem? is it that you have really poor reception, or that your computer thinks that you don't even have a bluetooth card installed?

3. tcslive thread starter macrumors newbie

My computer thinks I don't have a bluetooth card installed some of the time. Some of the time it works. It's really strange...

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

First step in my trouble-shooting would be to open the case and see if the leads are connected to the board.

[​IMG]
    the airport card is the one with the lead flagged "1"

When you open the case, it is in the upper left area. underneath the number 2 hard drive bay.

5. tcslive thread starter macrumors newbie

Which one is the bluetooth one? Number 2 or the one that says BT?

6. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

The wires connected to your bluetooth card are likely wrong.

The image that Bozz posted has it right - most shipped mac pros have the wires wrong.

Believe it or not, the wire with the label "BT should NOT be used.

The Wire labeled "1" should go to the Bluetooth card (as shown in bozz's picture)

The wires labeled "2" and "3" should go to the wireless card - if you have one. (as shown in bozz's picture)

Check this thread out: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392692&highlight=Bluetooth

7. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

the wire for the bluetooth module is labeled "1", BT is disconnected.

8. tcslive thread starter macrumors newbie

If I were to go to the apple store, do you think they'd get it right?

9. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

nope. They might, but i wouldn't trust them to get it right for sure. They didn't figure it out on mine when i brought it in because of crappy bluetooth reception. i figured it out myself.

10. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I want to add that this might not be the problem you're experiencing. If it were me, and I lived near an apple store, and i just bought the computer... i'd bring it to the store and tell them to figure it out. you shouldn't be having problems with a new computer.