Mac Pro dual graphics card question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Dprime, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Dprime macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

I have a 2 x 2GHz Dual Core Intel Mac Pro, with 9GB of DDR2 RAM and 2 Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT graphic cards each running a Samsung 24 inch screen.

I recently bought Call of Duty 4 and found that the game runs terribly on anything higher then around medium sort of settings.

I know the 7300 Graphic cards arn't the best for gaming, but they have done the job for me perfectly until now. I'm a photographer so I calibrate my screens with a Spyder and run a separate colour profile through each video card per screen, and its always calibrated perfectly.

I'm just curious if there is any actual performance advantage of having 2 video cards other then running a separate colour profile through each card? So for example, If I'm playing call of duty and only 1 screen is displaying information, does the other card just sit there, or does it jump on board and process information for the game being played? Because I would have thought having 2 7300's would somewhat give better performance during gaming then just the one?

Cheers,
    Brett

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Having two cards does nothing except drive three or more monitors.

3. Dprime thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I thought that might have been the case. Looks like its time to upgrade the video card.