Mac Pro Early 2008 Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by glhiii, Jan 29, 2008.

1. glhiii macrumors regular

My new mac pro has the common symptom for such machines of rebooting when you wake it from sleep. I have the original hard disk, with nothing but a user added, and that works fine -- goes to sleep and wakes up as it should. But my other disk, which I made by installing the OS from the disks that came with the computer and then importing the users and apps from my old mac via firewire has the problem. This means that the sleep issue is software-related. I've tried to figure out what is causing it, but can't. Does anyone have any idea what software component is causing this behavior? I do have a LOT of apps, etc. etc. from earlier machines.

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

No, not yet. Many MANY people are having this problem. A quick search of the forum would have shown you that. All you can do is wait for 10.5.2 and see if it addresses the issue.

Searching on the official Apple forum about the problem is pretty pointless, as they summarily delete the threads started about it. :rolleyes: Apple would rather ignore the issue until it becomes so big that they can't. That's standard Apple SOP.

3. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I had that issue with the first Harpertown. Had other issues too. Exchanged for a new one, haven't had the problem since.

4. phjo macrumors regular

I quite agree apple is apparently ignoring the problem, as they always do...

But as to deleting the threads about this problem, I am not sure I do believe it... I have only seen one thread about it, rather long and in which I did put a contribution :
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1353551

and it is still there, AFAIK...

phjo