Mac Pro Ethernet Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by whatisthe, Apr 13, 2008.

1. whatisthe macrumors member

About two weeks ago I had installed a verizon wireless usb internet thing since my internet at school was taken away for a week. After the week was up, I uninstalled the software and went to use my old ethernet connection which was behaving oddly. It would sense that there was a cable plugged in, and then detect there was nothing plugged in, and would repeat this every 5 seconds. Eventually it would connect and stay connected for a bit, but then it would drop out again. Also, when running boot camp, vista is never able to connect via ethernet. I am using an early 08 mac pro and after resetting network preferences by making a new location this connection problem still exists.

I was wondering if this was verizons crippling software somehow altering the ethernet firmware or if this was due to the recent firmware update for the mac pro since this all happened within the same couple of days. I can't seem to pinpoint what is wrong and aren't really sure what to look for in the console as of what errors there may be.

Thanks for your time in reading this and any suggestions you may have.

2. FireSlash macrumors member

Sounds like a problem with your network. Possibly a bad cable, switch, router, or modem.

More info on the network setup please.