Mac Pro firmware update and flickering issue

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by shinji, Sep 27, 2007.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I just installed the mac pro EFI update, and after it shut down and restarted...when I got back into OS X the screen flickered one and off...like there's be a 3 second gap, then it'd go black, and it kept doing that.

I'm using a Samsung 225bw with the DVI cable that came with it. I don't believe the cable is related though because I didn't have this problem when I was using this same monitor on my Dell. The cable is on securely, so I don't think it's that either...

This has happened a few times before...usually after a shutdown. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I'm using a samsung monitor with supplied DVI cable, shouldn't be the cause of any problems. As Long as you followed the install instructions for the firmware update to the word you should be ok, you did hold the power button in untill the light flickered and you got the long tone ?

3. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

Yeah, and the EFI update was successful. I don't think that had anything to do with it because I've had the problem before this. Trying searching here too but to no avail.

On a sidenote, do you use the Syncmaster Calibrated display profile?

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Don't use the syncmaster profile or calibrate with supplied software, it's useless, I use spyder 2 calibration kit to creat a profile, every 3 months calibrate the monitor, The samsung stuff leaves skintones with an orange appearance, but the spyders great, can't grumble, but when i bought my monitor i was aware of the calibration issues with samsung monitors, hopefully i wont have any calibration issues when i order a Dell 24". :D