Mac Pro from Create.Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SayCheese, Jan 17, 2016.

1. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Hi

I'm looking to buy a fast machine for professional photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop and was recommended a Mac Pro from Create.pro. I'm also likely to use it for creating composite images in PS as well as other standard office tasks. I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I've done a few searches around and everyone seems to be happy with theirs. Any one got any more info on buying one from Create.Pro?

2. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

for clarity-

are you specifically wanting to buy an older model (the tall one in the picture) and not the new version of mac pro (the smaller cylinder in the picture)
    ?

MacPro2013_35781456_27.jpg

3. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

That is pretty rich coming from someone who by their own definition is already stealing someone else's work to do theirs.

5. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm looking at the older model for the ability to expand in the future.

6. nigelbb macrumors 6502a

For your purposes you would almost certainly be better off buying a Retina iMac. A big advantage with either the iMac or MP 6,1 is proper support from Apple for 3 years.

7. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

"nmp is not expandable" is a phrase not to be taken literally or, at 100% face value.

what that phrase really means is "i don't like the ways you have to expand the 6,1"

you can most definitely expand a 6,1 in the future..

how you do it (pcivsthunderboltvsusbvs10gbevsblabblah) is what all the hype/arguing is about.

8. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, sounds dodgy.

A top specced retina iMac is significantly more than the budget I have and I don't need the screen, hence looking for a Mac Pro.

9. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Do it by yourself then. Everything you need to know are in this forum. A little bit homework will let you "build" your own Mac Pro with the same speed as they do (or even better). There is no secret on how to do it, just if you want to do it by yourself or not (e.g. to save money etc).

10. nigelbb macrumors 6502a

Why are you looking at the price of a 'top specced' Retina iMac? A base model iMac will be no more expensive than a based used Mac Pro 5,1 from Create Pro plus you can get 3 years proper support from Apple & unless you already have a 5K monitor the screen will be a damn sight better than what you already have. Create Pro have some pretty eye-watering prices http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/create_pr...h=item23458ab03f&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016 ---
    Perhaps the OP wants warranty & support? From his .sig he is a professional photographer thus would be foolish to rely on a "roll your own" used system with no support.

11. SayCheese, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm looking at this Mac Pro config from Create.Pro
    [​IMG]
    Where the equivalent (as far as I can tell) is this iMac from Apple at £2527 (I get business buyer discount and it still works out more expensive).
    [​IMG]

Also the iMac only has the one hard drive where the Mac Pro can be upgraded at a later date with more HDD's.

Exactly this. The Mac I buy (whatever I end up spending out on) will need to be a workhorse that I can guarantee will work from the start and if something should go wrong I would need to be able to send it back to someone who can fix it and quickly. Unfortunately I don't have time to sit and play with parts when I don't know 100% what I'm doing.

Attached Files:

12. MacVidCards Suspended

We are on the verge of a legit deal with a legit UK company.

13. SayCheese, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing from your wording that that legit company isn't Create Pro?

14. MacVidCards Suspended

Read the linked threads. They didn't stop being the truth.

I have sent you a PM.

15. StuAff macrumors member

StuAff

Fingers crossed. I'm sure there'll be a lot of business coming their way if it works out- including mine!

16. MacVidCards Suspended

See, here is where those "moving the goalposts" accusations come from.

So, almost 3 years after it was introduced, you're still holding out hope that those GPU upgrades are coming?

"In the future"?

Is this an episode of Futurama that I forgot about?

Dude, the machine is on it's last legs, eclipsed by many, MANY cheaper machines. And there you are, still standing on the hill with your Binoculars, "The Upgrades are coming, I just know it".

Where are the GPU upgrades you predicted in 2013? And the ones you predicted in 2014? Or even the ones you predicted in 2015? Any of them?

17. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

*fingers crossed* and hoping it's Macbank

18. StuAff macrumors member

StuAff

It isn't. Same outfit as Create Pro.

19. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

Macbank = create.pro? Well then I'm staying away from them as well.

I have had a bit of e mail conversations with them regarding a future purchase and they seemed fair enough. But upon visiting their site now I noticed they state create.pro is a sister site

20. Demigod Mac macrumors 6502a

From MacVidCards, obviously. ;)

21. netkas macrumors 65816

22. H2SO4 macrumors 68040

Details here when it happens right?

23. Fl0r!an macrumors 6502a

I guess you missed those countless posts where he explained the technical reasons why there can't be an internal GPU upgrade for the nMP?

24. bogg macrumors 6502

bogg

Can't? I have seen him state reasons why it is hard and/or expensive to supply them, not impossible. ;)

25. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

it's already been proven you can.
    if you have d300 or 500, a user can put a d500/d700 in there.. the things are removable/serviceable/replaceable