Mac Pro/G5 Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by solarator, Dec 5, 2007.

1. solarator macrumors newbie

Hey, I just need a new case for my computer, and i wanted to try and find a mac pro, Or G5 tower to use cuz it would look pretty sweet. Anybody know if thats possible to put a normal atx mobo, and stuff into a Macpro/G5 case. And where would i find a Mac Pro/G5 case to buy and use for it? thanks

2. MAK Apple macrumors newbie

hi, I have new MAC PRO casing, if you are interested do let me know, i will send you the pics and then you can decide whether you want to buy or not...

Thanks

3. NIPRING macrumors 6502

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

They are not ATX, so you will have to do some modding. The easiest thing to do is get a G5 case and a lian-li motherboard tray ($30), cut out a hole in the back of the G5 case to fit the motherboard tray and then use some metal epoxy to glue it to the case (sounds ghetto but epoxy is about as strong as welding it on).

The G5 case is supposed to be the easiest since it doesnt have as much stuff inside it that needs to be cut like the Mac Pro case.

5. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

The only way is to buy a computer and strip it apart. You need to remember, that apple owns everything they put into there computer. There not like windows that gets there part all over the place. So Apple would not sell there cases individually