Mac Pro: If it were tomorrow, we'd know

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by drtyrell, Dec 10, 2007.

1. drtyrell macrumors member

drtyrell

Apple has a great record of leaking models the day before with specs and prices. Given that no such leak has occurred to date, I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they'll arrive tomorrow UNLESS we see a big breaking story before days end.

I write this awaiting my quad core unit today. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy the new Penryn model the second it debuts.

2. deathshrub macrumors 6502

Apple wasn't EVER going to release a machine like the Mac Pro in the middle of friggin December. It's coming in Jan; deal with it.

3. drtyrell thread starter macrumors member

drtyrell

I agree. It just seems like an added production hassle not worth any amount of money. I think the rumors about recompiling for the Penryn make some sense, however. It seems like they would have done this over the summer with a test machine.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

it is still possible that it gets released tomorrow, but i wouldn't bet on it

5. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Just to show that I am desperate for the new Mac Pro:

I have been asking the chat people on Apple Online Store about the new Mac Pro before some of the past potential release dates. I have always asked, "Will the online store be down for a Mac Pro update tomorrow?" They've always had the same reply for more than ten times, I think- "I am not aware of any store unavailability."

Just now I asked the same question but the dude said, "I do not have information on future releases."

Now this could very well be my insanity but hopefully this'll help you get through tonight.:D

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

That doesn't help us any. He just knows your looking for an update.

7. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Zzzzz, oops, I almost didn't make it through this post. :p

8. drtyrell thread starter macrumors member

drtyrell

I have to compliment this forum on its sane approach to rumors. Overall, we get the information that makes sense and is most believable. I literally made a buying decision based on those posts here.

9. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Me to, sort of. I am using a Windows PC and was going to buy a MacPro 6 weeks ago until I came across MacRumors. This is a great site with useful info. Thanks guys for opening my eyes. It has made me wait for the new MacPro. Just my 2 cents worth and I am not looking for and change :p

10. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Now that Apple has updated their store for the day, we can know almost for sure the Penryn beasts won't be released until MWSF. Hopefully it WILL be released there or I'm seriously thinking Nehalem. Oh no, I can't wait, that's right.