Mac Pro in January?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thegoldenmackid, Nov 24, 2008.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am sure I am going to get told to use the search tool or Mroogle, however, I didn't see a somewhat recent thread about this.

What will the updates look like in January besides the normal (BluRay, eSata) I guess my questions are:
    1. Are we going to see the I7 Processor Update in January?
    2. And if so, would this be a large upgrade over the 3.0ghz Quad-Cores in the current.

Thankz

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Given that I may occasionally use Photoshop and Final Cut. Any reason why I should wait as opposed to the two 3.0ghz?

Also, do we think that these are going to be january or announced and released later?

See it's funny because I used MRoogle and the search tool and didn't really see anything of recency. I read two or three threads and still had questions.

Now in case you don't understand what I'm saying:
    August is the most recent thread.

Secondly, you go around the thread posting this everywhere, as do I a lot. However, I usually don't just throw it out there on every thread; I usually know of the other thread, put the link there and offer something for the thread. Clearly I have been here long enough to know how to use those tools. I'm pretty sure that if we wanted everyone to check MRoogle for whatever thread one has posted, we could get a bot for that.

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

They aren't likely to come out in January. I wouldn't even bother with the 3GHz unless you are getting some savings somewhere, 2.8GHz is fine.

6. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I can get the 3.0 for $2575 because of EPP and other discounts. I'm pretty sure that that is a good deal? (Not in the sarcastic or a**holish way) :D

7. G4DP macrumors 65816

No offence mate, but you clearly didn't look very hard, there is about a thread a week. From someone to bl**dy lazy to actually look.

The answers to your questions have already been given.

8. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm, I searched within the last week before posting and check the thread pretty frequently. My search of this section in the past two weeks didn't turn up anything that looked to answer this question. The closest it came was this. I would love to find a thread where this exist, but I just didn't see one.

9. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

As far as I know they haven't been announced so I wouldn't think a clearly labeled and accurate list would be available anywhere on here unless it was leaked perhaps?

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=599517
    ...and yet, you still think you're going to get reliable information about an unannounced release of new Apple hardware? If you've been on this site for a while, you should already know that all you'll get are speculations, so why ask the same question that's been asked literally hundreds of times?

11. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I asked at least a more specific question. The link you provided, and the article that I read provided nothing to answering the question about the differences that I have had. The logic of not asking the question of rumors would seem to counter the name and would get rid of half of the threads on the board.

12. jon08 macrumors 65816

Do you guys think if we do get those updates in January, or sometimes in the 1st quarter of 2009, will they be changing the outlook of Macbook Pros at all?

Like, instead of black keyboard make it silver, etc.? Or do you think the outer appearance will remain as it is for at least a year or so?

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, this thread is about the Mac Pro. Not the MacBook Pro. And you're not getting silver keys. The case should stay the same for the next three years or so.