Mac Pro key sticks during csgo

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by shortpballer, Mar 13, 2015.

1. shortpballer macrumors member

I know this is very random, but I will have one of my keys stick when playing csgo (the a, w, s, or d) key will stick. And not unstick until I press it again. I'm sure its not the keyboard as I have changed the keyboard out for a new one. It can't be my usb input, as I have tried every usb input on the mac pro and am now using the input on my cinema display.

Anyone know what the problem could be? It is quite upsetting when it happens. While it isn't the end of the world because its just a game, I would still like to fix it if it is possible.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Do you have the same "stickiness" in any other game, or other software?

Is it REALLY random? - Does it happen every day, or every time you play CSGO - try to notice if it only happens when you press a key in some combination with another key. Try to keep track if it is always the same combination … ?

Start by making sure that "sticky keys" are NOT enabled.
    Depending on which OS X version you have, you can find the settings either in Universal Access, or Accessibility pane (look under the Keyboard tab for Sticky Keys, and make sure all settings are off.)

Log in to a different user account on your Mac. Make a new one just for this purpose. Check for the same keys sticking.

3. shortpballer thread starter macrumors member

It is not really random, it pretty much happens every day I play.

Just checked sticky keys. It is not on.

Maybe it is under the slow keys setting? I put that on short. Whatever that means.

and in keyboard option preferences, I turned off key repeat. Maybe it was that?

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sticky keys would be the only adjustment that MIGHT affect what you are experiencing. Don't change too many settings, so that you have a clue what fixes your problem, without confusing you with other issues that weren't there before.
    Slow keys are to help prevent accidental key presses, and puts a delay between the key press, and the system accepting that press. If you leave that off, then there's no delay - and not the problem, anyway.
    Key repeat, also - not really related to your problem, but changing the setting might even give you some change.

You didn't answer my question - Can you say that the problem is the result of a key combination? (and not just the result of a single key press) -- and another question, Do you see the sticking keys ONLY in CSGO? (Could it be some strange bug in CSGO?)
    Am I correct in assuming that CSGO uses the A,S,D,W keys as character movement keys? (I rarely game… :D )

5. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

I'm pretty sure it's accidental key combinations that cause this. I've had it happen before on a different game but I can't remember what game it was. Perhaps you could configure for different movemt keys.

6. shortpballer thread starter macrumors member

Cannot use different keys... as these are the keys I've been using for the last 10 years or so.

----------

Correct it is the awsd keys/ I cannot say that it is a result of a key combination. As I am playing it is hard to know exactly what combination I am pressing. But I believe that sometimes I only push one key and it will do this.

Could this be a problem with the psu? I have been having other problems, and it could lead back to that....

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If it ONLY happens in CSGO, then not likely a power problem. More likely, a bug in CSGO. You might search out your issue on CSGO forums (if those exist). Your problem might be fixed with a patch/update for the game software.

Did you try the game when logged in to another user on your Mac Pro?
    That would be useful, and you could even make a new user just for that test...

8. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

It might also be helpful to mention what kind of keyboard you're using. I get this problem occasionally and I'm pretty sure it's my keyboard's fault.

9. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That would be my first guess, too.
    But, the OP said that he tried a different keyboard. Although we don't know exactly which keyboard he tried, it seems unlikely that the same keys would stick on a different keyboard.

10. shortpballer thread starter macrumors member

I'm using the mac keyboard with the number pad. Thats what I was using before. And I traded it out for another brand new one. and still same problem.

----------

I did read on a gaming forum that it could be a problem due to pushing multiple buttons within a very short period of time (which normally you wouldn't do except for gaming).