Mac Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BroDoug, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BroDoug macrumors newbie

I am new to Mac. just purchached Mac Pro and use it in church to teach. I have Mac Word and I use it for notes. I would like to know how you do a page down. I have been just using curser at bottom of page to scroll line at a time. But would rather do page at a time.

I know you have the answer. I'm just new at this.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Isn't that what you're looking for?

There are two keys labeled page down and page up on the right side of the six/nine (6/9) keys block between the letters and the numbers.

[​IMG]

If that does not work, for whatever reason, use Fn and the arrow keys.

3. BroDoug thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't that what you're looking for?

Yeah... But my keyboard is not like that.

The Fn and down / up arrows does do it almost.
    It moves about half a page...

I was hoping for one hand since most of the time I have a Bible in one hand.

Is this the only solution.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: This is a MacBook Pro

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

See what shift-down does for you on the MBP... I don't have mine to check, its in for service (thanks applecare!) again... and the MBP keyboard has changed a few times. You can also change what happens when you press shift-down in System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys.

Using Office 2008 you can edit the keyboard shortcuts with the customize keyboard dialog.

You may want to get yourself a wireless presenter's mouse like this one and consider using more effective software to spread God's word, like Keynote or Powerpoint, which lets you present your information on a one screen one idea type of format.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I would also reccomend you get keynote or powerpoint to creat slides like drichards said, just copy and paste all your info into slides, this is ideal for teaching and presenting.

6. BroDoug thread starter macrumors newbie

I would also reccomend you get keynote or powerpoint

This would cause me to have to purchase a projector and screen also wouldn't it? The Church has a projector but it is ceiling mounted and wires would have to be hanging to use that projector.

I have powerpoint... Will have to research Keynote.

7. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Keynote is near identical to powerpoint. I had assumed you were already using a projector and putting your notes on a bigscreen for your parishioners. Alot of schools and offices with overhead projectors wire the VGA input to a wall box, it makes it easier to leave the thing up there. ;-)

Good luck.

8. BroDoug thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the input:
    I programed the Word to use left and right keys for up and down page.

I have a brother that flashes the scriptures on the screen which are a lot for my hour teaching. we use Easyworship which Powerpoint can be used. Needless to say it is not a Mac and I bought this MacBook Pro for personal use at the church mostly. I am thinking about getting the church a new projector and getting a wireless. Maybe then I can do a little biut more. I'm not too quick on learning this new stuff. I'm 66 years old and I love it but takes me a while to grasp the new tech.

Thanks again

BroDoug