Mac Pro (Late 2013) - Repair Delays

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by RyanXM, Dec 6, 2017.

  1. RyanXM macrumors regular

    RyanXM

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #1
    Just as an FYI to anyone needing to get a MacPro6,1 repaired, either by Apple or an AASP, there is a currently a worldwide delay on parts. I know of at least 3 machines that have been at an Apple depot for over a month waiting on parts. Of these, two of them are the base model 3.7GHz Quad Core models. All have had wait times of over two weeks on the CPU board alone. I guess Apple doesn't want techs moving a processor over to a new board, so it comes as a package.

    I'm also assuming that they are awaiting D300/500/700 graphics boards as well.

    I personally have a machine that has been with Apple since November 10th that is still in repair. I would imagine that I'm not the only one waiting on parts. I'm currently working with an AppleCare Senior Advisor to get next steps as my client has been without a desktop since the 10th.

    Let me know if you are also having issues with repairs taking longer than normal (normal being up to 7 business days) and I'll see if we can't get Apple/AppleCare to get something done for us.
     
  2. violst macrumors 6502

    violst

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2012
    #2
    Why Wait. I would request an equivalent refurb, pull my ram and drive and put in refurb and be on my way?

    Its a reasonably request considering how long the repair is taking.

    Good luck!
     
  3. RyanXM thread starter macrumors regular

    RyanXM

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #3
    Yup. I have already requested multiple times for a new system, not even a refurb. I'm awaiting to see what happens today as it was "On Hold" for well over a week and not its been in "Repair In Progress" for 5 days. So if it doesn't have a status update by 5pm CST, I will be requesting a new machine be overnighted to me.
     
  4. Flint Ironstag macrumors 6502a

    Flint Ironstag

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Location:
    Houston, TX USA
    #4
    I suspect at this rate, they'll do like they did with leaking G5s - offer replacement with base MP 7,1.
     
  5. MarkJames68 macrumors 6502

    MarkJames68

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    #5
    A month for a pro system is unacceptable- full stop.
     
  6. pl1984 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2017
    #6
    The problem is there is no MP 7,1 and, at this time, no one knows when it will be released. Right not it's too long of a wait for someone who relies on their MP for income.
     
  7. rw3 macrumors 6502a

    rw3

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Location:
    DFW, TX
    #7
    Update as of last night is it will be another 4-6 days. I have requested a replacement via refurb.
     
  8. violst macrumors 6502

    violst

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2012
    #8
    keep us posted. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
     

Share This Page