Mac Pro + Leopard Freeze Ups

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by yeroen, Nov 2, 2007.

1. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Has anyone else here experienced a freeze up of their Mac Pro while running Leopard?. This has happened to me twice after upgrading to Leopard. The new iMacs are known to do this, and there was talk of the of the ATI drivers being the cause. I have an X1900XT in my mac pro and wonder if it's related.

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

I got a Mac Pro with the 1900XT running Leopard(upgrade install) since it was released and so far everything is just fine, no freezes, no crashes.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I experienced a freeze today - first time ever on my Mac Pro. This is after a clean install of Leopard on a brand new hard disk. I also have the X1900XT video card.

4. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

i have had 3 curtains since leopard. all have been firewire device related.

5. Verist macrumors member

Has happened 4 times.. When switching from a windowed WOW and safari... Wow freezes for about 3 seconds. (2.6 Mac Pro, 3 gigs ram) I've also had really poor WiFi performance even after the patch.. very unhappy with Leopard so far :(

6. pbkiller macrumors regular

Well i have a MacPro with Leopard (clean Install) and no crashes whatsoever. It even runs better now! I also have the stock graphics card... Hope this helps....

Rob

7. student101 macrumors member

I've had problems with Leopard as well. The problems have mainly been when using Finder. Freezes, so I "Relaunch" Finder, but it won't relaunch, so I "Restart", but it won't restart, so I just have to hit the power button. I've had several other hiccups as well. So far, Leopard just seems really unstable.

8. timmyo1977 macrumors newbie

Leopard Crashes and Burns on Mac Pro 3ghz 6gb ram

Leopard constantly crashes on my Mac Pro, but never on my Imac. Even after upgrading to 10.5.1. Have perfect version of Tiger on another startup disk. I use tiger daily with no problems. Still beta testing Leopard with very little success. I am most disappointed with leopard and Apple for releasing such a buggy OS.

9. Hmac macrumors 68020

Same here. No issues at all.

10. iSavant macrumors regular

X2

X1900Xt (rev 2 and kept clean), quad 2.66, 8 GB Ram.
    Clean install of leopard, no issues.
    Even with my room's ambient temp being lower at this time of year, I'm using smcFanControl to goose the fans to 700 rpm vice default 500 rpm. Still can't hear them at that speed but temps stay cooler when I'm "handbraking" and such.
    Aperture and Handbrake are about the hardest that I tax the system. No fps gaming or windoze here.
    Running better and smoother on leopard than tiger!