Mac Pro loses net on every restart!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by matt9b, Sep 25, 2008.

1. matt9b macrumors member

Brand new mac pro 2.8 8xcore with airport wifi card.

Internet works until restart. When I restart it brings up an error "unable to connect". I have to manually confirm the connect key several times by clicking "ok" "ok" "ok" several times until it works.

So far other than appearances I'm not impressed by apple.

Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First of all, why restart? You can leave your Mac running for weeks without restarting, except for installing some updates. Second, when you first reboot, it takes a minute or two for AirPort to reacquire the connection. I'm guessing that if you'll be patient and wait a minute or two, it will automatically reconnect.

3. matt9b thread starter macrumors member

Goodness what a presumptuous question, and what an american attitude! Why not leave ALL the light bulbs turned on in your house? I'll humour you: 1. To save unneccesary energy. 2. Save money. 3. Software installs often require reboot. 4. Save the environment. I think most of us here in the UK are slightly more humble than the US when it comes using what we need rather than taking all we can get. 5. Why leave it on if its not in use? 6. I can sleep if it's turned off 7. I don't want to have to leave the mac turned on for fear of it not working when I restart it, which is what's happening at the moment- the PCs connect flawlessly. Why can't the mac.... This list goes on..

No, not at all. Perhaps I haven't made myself clear. It literally doesn't always connect. Full stop. If it doesn't connect, it will never connect until I turn the mac pro off and on again. No matter what I do to it, how many times I put in the password, how many restarts I do, nothing I do will affect it. I have to basically turn the machine off. wait ten seconds. And turn it on again. If it still doesn't work, I have to turn it off wait, turn it on again. Very odd.

Being patient and waiting a minute or two doesn't work.