Mac.Pro Mid 2009 WiFi Password Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omri617, Dec 16, 2016.

1. omri617 macrumors newbie

Hi there
    I bought this Macbook Pro from a friend and I have this issues with it :
    Macbook can't remember my Wifi Password :
    After I select my Wifi , I enter the password , I get an error "Keychain "login" cannot be found to store "Wifi"
    I select Reset to defaults to Reset my keychain , and When I'm asked to insert my login password - I JUST CANT TYPE ANYTHING IN THERE!

Help please.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

After few attempts and realizing El Capitan isn't that good IOS , trying to downgrade
    Can IOS Snow Leopard be installed on 2009 macbook pro? cd doesn't seem to be able to read it

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I can confirm that all 2009 MBPs can install Snow Leopard (10.6). Is the Snow Leopard install DVD the retail one or the gray install DVD that comes with the MBP?

"doesn't seem to be able to read it", does that mean it can't see it, load it, or install it? Not being able to "read" a CD/DVD can be a problem with a dirty optical drive, damaged optical media (CD/DVD), and/or the a failure of the optical drive hardware.

In order to "downgrade" from El Capitan to Snow Leopard you will need to backup the current El Capitan drive, erase (format) the internal HD with Disk Utility, install Snow Leopard from the install DVD, and finally migrate your old data from the El Capitan backup.

BTW: "IOS" is for iPhones & iPads. MacOS (OS for short) is for Macintosh computers like a MBP.

4. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Installed El Capitan again and wifi password now is OK and mac remembers it.
    But On login I get this error - How can I deal with it?

Attached Files: