Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alan Whelan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Hi folks, first time poster, longtime lurker...

I'm working with an old Mac Pro circa 2008.

Both my Mac Pro and all my hard drives are formatted Mac OS Extended Journaled.

All of a sudden, i'm getting error code 0 when I try and move files over 4GB. I'm a video editor so this is a big problem! I know this is something that happens when you've got Fat 32 formatted drives but none of my drives are Fat 32.

anyone any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!

tks

Alan

RemarkabLee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007

All of a sudden, i'm getting error code 0 when I try and move files over 4GB. I'm a video editor so this is a big problem! I know this is something that happens when you've got Fat 32 formatted drives but none of my drives are Fat 32.

tks

Alan

Have you run disk utility on those drives? What partition structure is reported? Should be GUID not MBR for example.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago

tks

Alan

All articles point to FAT32, but we know that's not the problem here...if an SMC reset doesn't help, then I'd be inclined to pull the drive and test it in an enclosure it could be on it's way out.

SMC reset:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.