Mac Pro needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BCS, Dec 3, 2007.

1. BCS macrumors member

Just started for a new design firm and they want new mac now... I explained the bad timing, but their budget is due. So they need the machines for CS3 work. Mostly indesign magazine design and photoshop photo editing. Question is would they see an advantage to the 1900 graphics card and how much additional ram should they buy. Also I've always used CRT lacie monitors and recommended them over lcd, but how does the cinema displays hold calibrations compared to CRT

Thanks,

BCS

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Get the Mac Pro now if they need it now and the ACD is a perfect match for it. They should upgrade to the X1900 if they want a better GFX card, but I am just going on other posts and threads that I have read.

3. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

no need for a better GFX card, stick with the 7300 unless they want to run dual 30" displays.

I'd put in at least 1GB of RAM per CPU core. So for the base MP, that means adding 4GB (2x2GB) which comes to about $170 here (the Omni Tech Optival RAM). If going for the 8-core, double that. RAM is cheap.

ACDs are very good for print/graphics work. I've heard great things about Eizo monitors, but they are VERY pricey. If you like working with CRTs, stick to that until you know you can comfortably go LCD.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

LaCie also has some calibrated LCDs if the company is more comfortable sticking with the brand name.