Mac pro nehalem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TheRevolution55, May 28, 2008.

1. TheRevolution55 macrumors member

Does anyone know when a mac pro with nehalem is coming out. Im getting my mac around late july and would not like to waste my money if a new mac pro is coming out in a month.

2. D4F Guest

D4F

If you want a configuration like you have on your sig i can assure you just buy one now. :)

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

January 2009. You will not get 100 cores. You will not get support for over 64GB of RAM. It will not be 8 GHz. There will not be a 30' Cinema Display. They're called terabytes, and you're not getting eighteen of them, either. :p

More like 3.4 GHz max, 500 GB HDD standard, 4 GB RAM standard, Radeon 4870, GeForce 9900 GT, and Quadro 6600 as the GPUs, which you've intriguingly left out.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

The workstation version of Nehalem is slated to ship in the last quarter of 2008 which gives me hope we'll see a Mac Pro with it by MacWorld 2009 in January.

5. Mugs macrumors regular

I just wish they'd come out earlier, like November! But I know they'll (hopefully) come out around Macworld 09! Im really really looking forward to getting a Mac Pro! It's going to be quite a change from my iBook! hehe Come on Apple bring them out early!

Does anyone have any advice on speakers for it? I was looking at the audioengine A5? How are they? Thanks

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

This is what I'm hoping for. :D

7. Mugs macrumors regular

Does anyone have a rough idea of what the processor speeds of Nehalem will be? Or is it still to early? Thanks