Mac pro no airport signal???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jonbig08, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jonbig08 macrumors newbie

Hey,

As some of you know I just got a mac pro. I have the airport extreme wireless...thing. Anyways I can't connect to the internet with it. Its sitting right next to my laptop which has one bar less that full signal on my network. It finds the net work but usually won't connect to it. When it does its only 1 bar and the internet still doesnt work. Is the wireless simply not as good as my macbook? I find that hard to believe. I've used the robustness option, but no change. every once in a while it shows 2 bars, but still no internet. whats the deal?

If for some reason the airport isnt powerful enough can i somehow connect through my laptop?

2. JollyRogers macrumors regular

Is it sitting in a Desk?

What is this robustness option you are talking about? Is it something in 10.5.3?

3. jonbig08 thread starter macrumors newbie

No its on the floor in the middle of the room, if anything, it is blocking the laptop which has almost full signal.

There's an option under the internet options that says "use interference robustness" dont really know what it does but it doesnt make any difference on or off.

4. jonbig08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did move the computer today from one house to another. It worked at the other house, maybe the antenna came loose? How do i even get in the computer to check that?