Mac Pro not booting up after putting in Leopard disc...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fuzzy Orange, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

I put in the OS X disc this morning to upgrade while I went to school. It restarted and went to the grey screen with the :apple: in the middle of it. I decided to let it chill out and load while I went to school.

When I got home, the grey screen was still up. I have hard reset-ed it around 5 times now, but each time it just takes me to the grey screen. Is there any way I can at least take the disc out of the computer?

2. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    Try holding the mouse button down while starting up to get the disk out. Also try holding down Apple Option P R during another hard reset. This will cause your computer to restart yet again, but may help :)

3. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Hold down the mouse button while booting to eject the disc. Are you able to access your existing copy of OS X?

4. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    OS X does not have to be booting properly for the mouse down trick to work. It should eject the CD before the computer ever attempts to invoke the booter. You should be able to turn of the comp and hold the mouse key and turn it back on. If this is still not working they you can always use the manual eject button on the optical drive. this is a pain though b/c it probably means you will have to remove the drive from the computer case to get to it.