Mac Pro not Starting properly, weird screen.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jazznuts, Apr 25, 2009.

1. jazznuts macrumors newbie

Hi all.
    Have you ever seen this screen before? My mac pro wont start unless hold in option and select the startup drive. If i just turn it on. I get this screen.[​IMG]
    Any idea what this is all about? What the little smiley faces about? They flash off and on.
    Cheers

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

repair the disk, and in system preferences select the startup disk. If the problem continues call AppleCare.

3. markojug macrumors regular

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I would repair disk permissions using disk utliity and reset your PRAM and see if that helps.

5. jazznuts thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not working

Reset PRAM, repaired disk. Still not working properly. I think its time for Applecare.:confused:

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yeah, Probz. Before you do maybe you should check if all the connectors in your machine are connected correctly and firmly in place.

7. jazznuts thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. Yeah, did that a few times. It initially happened when i installed new RAM. Took out new RAM and put original apple RAM in. Still does the same thing.

8. TheScavenger macrumors regular

9. jazznuts thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed it!

I went to system preferences and selected start-up disk. Selected my start up disk and clicked restart. Turns out, the problem was bootcamp, even though i had not installed windows on it, it was automatically selecting the wrong boot disk. So, if you are having the same problem, just hold in Option when you turn it on, select the Macintosh HD drive and then follow the above steps.
    :):D