MP 7,1 Mac Pro Now Available at Micro Center

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Looks like it’s only the base model. Was hoping to see a 16 core option.
I'm not aware they've ever carried anything other than the base configurations, at least new stock. I do know they can order any configuration you'd like but I wasn't sure what benefit that was over just ordering directly from Apple.

I'm hoping we'll see a discount on the base configuration similar to what we saw with the iMac Pro. If there is one I may pick one up.

deconstruct60

macrumors G3
Mar 10, 2009
Unfortunately there's no discount at this time. But I suspect it's only a matter of time.
Looked at several different store's inventory and none have more than one in stock. A few zeros and some don't even have a listing (i.e., Houston). Even the one model they do have they aren't stocking any significant number. If sell the one than probably get a replacement shipped out eventually.

Have to dig, but at bestbuy's website also. All custom order so probably no chance will be on display in a store.

B&H photo the base model with 1TB is marked as the #1 seller and is in stock.

But check of several Apple stores shows nothing in stock there either. ( Apple Palo Alto and Chicago Michigan Ave & Lincoln Park says one Feb 28 . LA , Houston , NYC all one store at end of month. ).

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Looked at several different store's inventory and none have more than one in stock. A few zeros and some don't even have a listing (i.e., Houston). Even the one model they do have they aren't stocking any significant number. If sell the one than probably get a replacement shipped out eventually.

Have to dig, but at bestbuy's website also. All custom order so probably no chance will be on display in a store.

B&H photo the base model with 1TB is marked as the #1 seller and is in stock.

But check of several Apple stores shows nothing in stock there either. ( Apple Palo Alto and Chicago Michigan Ave & Lincoln Park says one Feb 28 . LA , Houston , NYC all one store at end of month. ).
I don't expect Micro Center to carry many but I think it's a little too early to know what they're going to do. Maybe I should stop by and speak to them about it.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Actually I noticed they have the base model $600 off if you use the link from this article. And one of the higher configs is $1000 off.

Last edited:

TrevorR90

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
I get 10% off the Apple store for being military on all Mac pros even the custom ordered. I could probably help someone out with my discount If anyone needs. I’m about to order one for myself and purchase one for eBay for those guys internationally and perhaps make a few bucks From eBay.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I could probably help someone out with my discount If anyone needs.
That's most likely against the terms of your military discount - you could lose it completely.

Apple allows limited friends and family discounts for employees, but advertising on a forum read by Apple that you'll use your military discount for others is probably a bad thing to do.