Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
I searched here and know of the mac pro cuff-pro and some other attaching thing that goes under the desk from ikea,

what ones to include the ikea one (link possible?)
and the cuff-pro

could someone recommend to hold a mac pro either to the side, or bottom of a desk?

thsanks

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Are you asking if you should buy a Mac Pro or a Desk? :confused:

Or are you asking about a holder for your desk?

If the latter, I have the [IKEA] one you attach to the desk frame with 2 L-arms and a flat tray. It can be either installed under the desk or on the side, but I recommend the latter since instead of clamping it on your table, you're attaching it to the desk structure.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Are you asking if you should buy a Mac Pro or a Desk? :confused:

Or are you asking about a holder for your desk?

If the latter, I have the [IKEA] one you attach to the desk frame with 2 L-arms and a flat tray. It can be either installed under the desk or on the side, but I recommend the latter since instead of clamping it on your table, you're attaching it to the desk structure.

sorry to confuse...

i have a mac pro, i need a holder, and the only 2 i have seen are the cuff-pro and the ikea type

are there any other types out there?

i like the cuff one, but the ikea one also loos good!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I think with the IKEA one, you need the IKEA desk that goes along with it, specifically the Galant set.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
I think with the IKEA one, you need the IKEA desk that goes along with it, specifically the Galant set.

really? I thought it could connect to the side or underneath of any desk?

I will have to look into this!!

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
BTW, have you tried making your concept? If so, how well did it work?

Nope. I'm good with it sitting on the floor myself. People were talking about spending a hundred bucks or so and I just thought to myself: "Why, when a $2 board and a few screws would suffice?" ;)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Nope. I'm good with it sitting on the floor myself. People were talking about spending a hundred bucks or so and I just thought to myself: "Why, when a $2 board and a few screws would suffice?" ;)

Very nice idea!

However I do already own the desk and the frame was only $15. The IKEA one does look more elegant and I can put all my external HDDs on top of my Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.