MAC pro or wait for new mac pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rjohn09, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Rjohn09 macrumors newbie

im planning to ask my parents to buy me mac pro for college :cool: because im planning to be digital artist! please help me! will i buy now macpro or wait until the new one?:apple:

2. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

3. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

The decision is based on your needs. When will you need the laptop? Do you need it now , or can you wait? That is the key.

5. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can wait! until june 2012! so i will wait until next year?? is it sure that apple will release new mac book pro next year:confused: :apple:

6. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Nothing is sure - hence the word "rumors" ;)

7. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Well if you can't wait, buy. Everything gets better over time, you can't always have the best, so go out and enjoy a new MBP that will still be fast in a year.

9. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

well yes if you can wait then you should as you will essentially be getting a better computer in terms of hardware if you wait for a new model. (assuming progression of course) however if the current model can handle your needs then there's no reason to wait for a new release. i realize that is sort of a contradiction in mentioning "needs" with the fact that you can wait to buy, but it's just something to think about - perhaps even if you decide that the current model can handle your usage and you decide to wait for the new model and you buy the current at a refurb discount at that time.

10. cinek macrumors 6502

if you need it, get it now, if you don't - wait. But if you're waiting just to get some newer hardware - that's a massive mistake as you'll be waiting for 10000000 years since new hardware is released every few months

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

there are a gazillion threads on this topic. try searching first. as you will probably see, it all depends on your situation, which you haven't really told us. heck, we don't even know what size you are looking at.