MAC pro or wait for new mac pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rjohn09, Jun 4, 2011.

  1. Rjohn09 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
    #1
    im planning to ask my parents to buy me mac pro for college :cool: because im planning to be digital artist! please help me! will i buy now macpro or wait until the new one?:apple:
     
  2. babyt macrumors regular

    babyt

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2009
    Location:
    texas
  3. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
  4. Goohfy macrumors regular

    Goohfy

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2011
    #4
    The decision is based on your needs. When will you need the laptop? Do you need it now , or can you wait? That is the key.
     
  5. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
    #5
    i can wait! until june 2012! so i will wait until next year?? is it sure that apple will release new mac book pro next year:confused: :apple:
     
  6. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    #6
    Nothing is sure - hence the word "rumors" ;)
     
  7. Rjohn09 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
  8. Goohfy macrumors regular

    Goohfy

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2011
    #8
    Well if you can't wait, buy. Everything gets better over time, you can't always have the best, so go out and enjoy a new MBP that will still be fast in a year.
     
  9. Dark Void macrumors 68030

    Dark Void

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Location:
    Cimmerian End
    #9
    well yes if you can wait then you should as you will essentially be getting a better computer in terms of hardware if you wait for a new model. (assuming progression of course) however if the current model can handle your needs then there's no reason to wait for a new release. i realize that is sort of a contradiction in mentioning "needs" with the fact that you can wait to buy, but it's just something to think about - perhaps even if you decide that the current model can handle your usage and you decide to wait for the new model and you buy the current at a refurb discount at that time.
     
  10. cinek macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2011
    #10
    if you need it, get it now, if you don't - wait. But if you're waiting just to get some newer hardware - that's a massive mistake as you'll be waiting for 10000000 years since new hardware is released every few months
     
  11. palpatine macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #11
    there are a gazillion threads on this topic. try searching first. as you will probably see, it all depends on your situation, which you haven't really told us. heck, we don't even know what size you are looking at.
     

Share This Page