Mac Pro+Paralells+Windows 2000 = ??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BiikeMike, Apr 14, 2007.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

so, I've got a copy of Windoze 2K and I'm either buying or ordering a mac pro on Monday. Will everything work smoothly, or do I need to get a copy of XP? I don't see why 2K wouldn't work, but i'm just making sure.

I just seem to have better luck with windoze 2k than XP, seems more stable to me, and almost all programs run on it.

Also, on the install, my disc is not bootable, and since all these new fangled computers don't have floppy drives, I can't use boot discs. Will it work not being a bootable CD? When I installed it on my MBP with BootCamp, I found the boot disc images, mounted them, and it all worked swimmingly. Would that work?

2. ToddW macrumors 6502a

yeah it should work the same. i started with installing win98 on my mbp but couldn't get past the whole getting the os on the disk. i had an old full verions of winxp laying around prior service pack one and it worked just fine. well at least to run the programs that i run. parallels in coherence mode rocks as well.