Mac pro: PC display card adoption.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Leinad, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Leinad macrumors newbie

Since the 8800GT for mac pro 2009 has been confirmed that it won't work in older mac pros, I've decided the turn my mac pro into pc.

I know this kind of topic has been asked several times, but I really want to have a definite answer if ANY PC cards can run on bootcamp windows 100%.

I've heard about the power supply issue, the PCI-e slot, EFI and BIOS... I'm not a hardware guy, I don't really know what's all these about, I just want to make sure when i got a pc card, I follow all the proper installation procedures, and it will work.

An apple guy told me if i wish to run a PC card, it's a 50/50 chance, there is no definite answer, which means i might fail and wasted my money. Even if I'm lucky, I may have to replace certain cables or some sort of stuff in order to run it properly. Any mac pro user with pc cards can comment on that?
    thanks in advance.

2. mikekim75 macrumors newbie

Re:pc cards in bootcamp

I'm sure they will all run in Windows, I have an 8800gtx running in windows Now, and I've used other pc cards in windows. I haven't read were anybody had a problem.

3. Toups macrumors regular

The 8800 should work under windows as long as you have the bandwidth on the PCI bus to support it :)