Mac Pro power supply temps

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by GregPacker, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GregPacker macrumors member

GregPacker

Most of the screen grabs I've seen of iStat Pro etc show people's power supply temperatures in the new mac pro being 30-45 degrees Celsius. After a few hours in a warm room with minimal use (and nothing extra fitted) my power supply temps are well over sixty degrees C. Are anyone else's this high? All my other temps look normal. Maybe my British power supply could be a different design to US ones for our 240V supply or for different safety regulations? Can some more people report their power supply temps after a few hours use, and say if they are British or US?

2. iSail macrumors newbie

41C on both supplies, US version and power, 2.8 8-core with 4 HD's and 6 MB memory. Been on continuously for several days.

3. Random Chaos macrumors member

I'm running 40-41C right now. Been on about an hour since I shut the system down to add another HDD in. Otherwise, it has been on for 5 days almost constantly.

4. GregPacker thread starter macrumors member

GregPacker

Thanks guys, I took it back to the Apple store today and they swapped it. Power supply temps on the new one are half of what they were on the first, so the first must have been a dud. :apple: