Mac Pro Printer Question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gmh1004, Feb 26, 2008.

1. gmh1004 macrumors newbie

I am a newbie and need help with deciding on a printer. I am getting ready to order a 2008 mac pro Quad Core and I already have an HP Officejet 145 Printer that I've had for a few years. It still works and I wouldn't mind keeping it. The problem is the HP driver website doesn't list a driver for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard...it just goes to 10.4.

Does anyone know if it will work with the 10.4 driver? I need to decide before ordering as I can get $100 off of a printer if I order it with the mac pro.

If it won't work, are there any opinions on the Canon Pixma MP520? Sorry if that's been discussed. I ran a search on the HP but not the Canon.

I haven't owned a mac for about 15 years so I'm pretty excited.

Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Having not owned a Mac for fifteen years, you'll probably be shocked to hear that you more than likely do not need specific drivers for your machine. Plug it in and go. Welcome back.

3. wpattison macrumors member

wpattison

Unless it's an HP L7780...

Mac drivers installed, but still no joy.

4. Tracer macrumors 6502

Hmm, currently using a HP 3847, works fine with the older drivers.

If it doesn't work with the current drivers, you can always get a different one. :D

Tracer

5. gmh1004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all

It never occured to me that I wouldn't need specific drivers. :))

I was considering getting a HannsG 27 1/2" monitor...the web site says it's plug and play, so I guess no drivers needed there either.

This is going to be fun.

Thanks again.