Mac Pro RAID Card battery dead?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by costabunny, Apr 3, 2009.

1. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

My Mac Pro was powered off for 9 weeks and subsequently the battery had run down. I have had it powered up for a week now and still I get 'battery status: error other than expired'. If I cycle the system the battery says charging and then after a few hours the same error message.

Anyone had this and worked around it? Or do I need to strip the batt, post it to my dealer (I have moved country since buying the RAID card)?

2. costabunny thread starter macrumors 68020

costabunny

Well even though noone answered - Ill tell the tale of how f'in awesome Apple service is once again.

The local apple centre (iCentre in Malta) took my battery serial number (and the mac pro) and got me a replacement battery within 3 days. They gave it to me (via a local taxi driver who collected it and dropped it off at my office).

I installed it last night and within 4hours it was fully charged and the write caches were back in business (the short charge suggests to me that Apple service had checked the battery prior to shipping to Malta).

Now all I have to do is to find where the local recycling centre is to dispose of the old battery.

A+ Service once again Apple =- :)