Mac Pro Ram Deals?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Slimdude22, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Slimdude22 macrumors member

Anyone see any mac pro deals for black friday?

800mhz ddr2 fb-dimm

i'm looking to speed up my mac so i can use it with ease for boot camp and gaming and was wondering if anyone spoted some deals.

found some but i dont know if they are legit.

2. JeffreyM macrumors newbie

ramseeker.com is good for price comparisons. I think it's updated daily, so hopefully it'll show black friday deals.

3. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

Why not just buy some good, reliable RAM at OWC and be done with it. IMO you won't be saving much on a deal and you may end up getting a lower quality product.

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Personally, I prefer Crucial Memory.
    Great Performance and most importantly, Reliable!!

...just my 2¥

5. Slimdude22 thread starter macrumors member

crucial have the right heatsink?

OWC is good but i was just wondering if their were any other good deals going on. doesn't look like it tho.

6. Roy macrumors 6502

Considering what the price was on Mac Pro ram a few years ago, and considering that you can currently get 8 GB of ram for less than $200 USD, what would you consider a good deal? I don't think you are going to get to buy 8 GB of Mac Pro ram, and at the same time get a mail-in rebate coupon for $200.

7. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Hi, OWC are good people to deal with, they did me a good deal on my RAM and shipped to the UK a while back, best deal here (uk) ive seen at the moment is 4gb (2x2gb sticks) of kingston RAM for £115.06 inc VAT..........
    Just a vote for using OWC ;)

8. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

it wasnt a blackfriday deal but i got 4gb (2x2gb) for 54$ apiece which isnt bad at all.

i might order an addition for that price.

i got them from Newegg.com, the transcend memory sticks, someone told me they were definitely a good set to get!!