Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MnkyPwz

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2009
So here's my Mac Pro workstation

So I got the 2008 2.8 Octo with 16G's or ram.

The ATI Radeon HD 4870 is ordered from Apple already and should be here by mid April.:(

Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround sound:cool:

22' LG Flatron L227WTG, these are beauties

I also since this picture added the Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000, for all of my video conferencing needs.

So what do you think.

P.S.:Sorry for the poor pic quality, the iPhone sucks for pics.:apple:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 450

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
So I got the 2008 2.8 Octo with 16G's or ram.

The ATI Radeon HD 4870 is ordered from Apple already and should be here by mid April.:(

Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround sound:cool:

22' LG Flatron L227WTG, these are beauties

I also since this picture added the Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000, for all of my video conferencing needs.

So what do you think.

P.S.:Sorry for the poor pic quality, the iPhone sucks for pics.:apple:

Not bad at all.

summitscout

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
So many hours spent here!

Here is my set-up. I took this photo on Sunday night before I received my new MP yesterday. I have since swapped out the G5 for the MP. The migration assistant is finishing the day-long process.

• 20" Apple Cinema Display
  • MBP from work- I use Synergy server to operate laptop with desktop keyboard and mouse.
  • The monitor on left is a ViewSonic 16" which has an HDTV tuner in it. When I am not using it as a second montior, I can watch local HDTV with OTA antenna in window or the Dish satellite receiver it is sitting on.
  • The tall speakers are attached the to Dish receiver. The other speakers are connected to the computer with subwoofer below.
  • Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse.
  • The UPS is at bottom right.
BTW, the desk is from Ikea- circa 1995!

Attachments

• SSCN0540.JPG
    SSCN0540.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 285

summitscout

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
I took my photo just after I cleaned my desk, too. It was way over due!

Good impetus to clean it! Like cleaning up for virtual company! :cool:

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
I cleaned it up after see everyone else's, then took the picture! lol
Did you end up tossing all the mess back after you shot the pic? ;) :p

I don't know about you, but I always seem to have a massive shortage of storage space. ;) :rolleyes: Now if I could only manage to toss some of the crap out... (I come from a long line of Pack Rats). :p

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Here be mine then.

2009 2.66 Quad + 22" Dell 2209WA. Custom built the desk with a bit of work top, love it.

newsetup.jpg

Cable tidying took a while as well, and a lot of cable ties of course. 5 port network switch mounted to the bottom of the desk, as well as my wireless mouse receiver. Next idea would be some USB ports built into the top somehow, not sure how I'll do that though, will have to machine it out somehow, thats more of an idea than in a WIP.

cabling.jpg

Might see if I can stretch to fitting a second 2209 on the desk, bit I think it'll be pushing it a little, we'll see.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.

Thanks for the complement. The case was a bit beat up, it is intended more for work than for show. In some of the pictures you can see the nicks and dings in the case.

It still needs a little work, but I use it every day. Next up is a fan control to quiet it down. I want to put in a big order for TB drives, but can't decide which drives to get. I have four Seagates in my Mac Pro "Pisces", and mostly WDC drives in the expansion box I call Pisces II.

In any event, I have higher priorities right now as the sailing season is starting and I have four boats to prep.

There is a thread on my G5 Case mod. It is posted on Mac Mods forum.

http://www.macmod.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3149

I have another interesting mod I've been doing to my Mac Pro, but want to finish it and post it all at once. A few parts I ordered from NewEgg have been delayed.

You are too cool for school. Nice mod.

Macpropro80

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Did you end up tossing all the mess back after you shot the pic? ;) :p

I don't know about you, but I always seem to have a massive shortage of storage space. ;) :rolleyes: Now if I could only manage to toss some of the crap out... (I come from a long line of Pack Rats). :p

I threw everything in the part of my desk where your suppose to put a computer.

Zagratt

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009

(Click the Picture to Enlarge)

I'm one of the few weird freaks that places their MP on the desktop. My setup needs to remain modular as it changes placement frequently and this desk allows for simple mobility.

The Mini pictured acts as a print server, offline (preview) webserver, and an XBMC machine.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006

I'm one of the few weird freaks that places their MP on the desktop. My setup needs to remain modular as it changes placement frequently and this desk allows for simple mobility.

The Mini pictured acts as a print server, offline (preview) webserver, and an XBMC machine.

Whoa~ Becareful for that Mac Pro!! Do I spy a mac mini?!?!!!

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002

That must be one sturdy glass desk for the Mac Pro to be able to sit on it!

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Alright, I'll bite.

Most of the furniture is Ikea. Desks are the black version of the "Galant" series with T-legs. Ikea doesn't advertise it, but the entire Galant system is pretty modular and more then happy to be bolted together, so the entire desk surface spans almost two entire walls.

No, the big red button doesn't do anything.

-SC

Nice clean set up - you make me want to clean my desk

Zagratt

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009

It actually is very sturdy. I gave it the old "shake" test to make sure there's no accidental falls. Plus, I have to wheel the thing across the room a number of times per week. To say I'm careful is an understatement, but the whole thing is quite solid.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area

Tempered glass can be very strong. My glass-topped television stand is rated for 350 pounds. The manufacturer has since stopped over engineering their newer models as flat screens have replaced CRTs.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Why are your NTSC montiors placed where they are? Is the point of having them to actually look at them?

I believe I mentioned this in an older post -- but I'm generally not constantly monitoring on them; just checking every now and then to make sure things look right (generally, checking for interlace issues). Since they're not in constant use, I find it's easier to keep them off to the side rather than cluttering my desk (kind of OCD that way)...

I'm considering getting a larger (~13") NTSC monitor and placing it above the LCDs (there's a ~2-3' ledge there) -- but because of my usage patterns it's not a top priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.