Mac Pro Shipping Speed

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jwire4, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jwire4 macrumors regular

I am a very happy camper! After ordering my custom configured 8 core Mac Pro, I now refresh the page every hour! Now the Mac Pro is supposed to Ship in 2-4 business days. I ordered it Friday the 18th, and it is now Monday the 21st and still has not shipped. I also ordered a free iPod Touch but that shipped right out. When should expect the Mac Pro to Ship, then Arrive?

P.S. I used the education store. Does that matter?

2. Roman23 macrumors 6502

what shipping method did u use?

That can have an impact on this.

3. jwire4 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Deepshade macrumors regular

Business days (Mon - Fri) Weekends don't count.

So your Mac has been on order for a day

5. jwire4 thread starter macrumors regular

I know that, but when do you think it will ship? Today is day 3 and still nothing..

6. Deepshade macrumors regular

No today is the second whole business day

Fri - Mon 1
    Mon - Tue 2
    Tue - Wed 3
    Wed - Thur 4

Only get worried if its still not shipping Friday morning

7. oilfighter macrumors regular

and also depends on what time you ordered on Friday. If you ordered late, then Monday will be day 1, and day 4 is Friday.

8. jwire4 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright. I am just a little overly pumped for this Mac Pro. It has been a few days and still not even prepared for shipment

9. jwire4 thread starter macrumors regular

Do with your advice, now what? Today is day 1 of estimated delivery date, and I know of course it is not coming today. But when do I call and tell them to speed things up? I know it is only day 3, but I am still anxious. And also, when should I expect it to deliver? Where does it ship from, and how long will it take to get to LA? Thanks.

****UPDATE***

So I just got off the phone with an Apple rep. Even though the Mac Pro still hasen't shipped,he says he will give me free expedited 2 business day delivery free. That's great, if only the machine was at least pre pared for shipment.