Mac Pro Shiptime decrease?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DXoverDY, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

    Apr 19, 2005
    I know this is purely speculation but I'm curious whether anyone has any "past experience" with long ship times like the Mac Pro right now and how soon we might be seeing that time decrease to a reasonable week or two tops?

    I'd rather wait a few weeks knowing it might decrease the shiptime from it's current 3-4 weeks to a reasonable 1-2 or less. I don't want to spend nearly $4000 and have to wait a month before I get it, I'd rather spend the $4000 and get the sucker sooner. I know... same thing, but after typing in the CC# and waiting for a month just isn't cool. My mind can't handle that long of a wait.
  2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

    Spanky Deluxe

    Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    The ship time might come down a bit but don't expect any miracles. I just ordered a Mac Pro and ended up not getting AE or the X1900 XT because they increased the time to ship from 3 days up to 2-3 weeks and 3-4 weeks respectively. The AE will be available online or via Apple Stores as a user installable upgrade in a few weeks time and I figured if I really want the X1900 XT I could always order the card on its own through Apple and sell the 7300GT. Yes that would cost a little more but I figured it could well be worth it for that huge shipping delay.
  3. DXoverDY thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Apr 19, 2005
    Nearest apple store is around an hour away... with gas prices the way they are that's a pretty big jump in cost :p

    I'll wait it out a bit... plus the edu discount is a good one, not sure if I'd get edu pricing on addons.

Share This Page