Mac Pro: Should I Wait Until January?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matt1219, Sep 24, 2008.

  1. matt1219 macrumors regular

    Sep 16, 2008
    I am planning to buy the Mac Pro in my sig. I have heard rumors of a January update, and was wondering if I should wait. Right now, I won't be able to buy until after November. I was planning on buying it refurbished, for $2.4k. I was hoping hat when the update comes around, the 8-core refurb will be cheaper. Should I wait until January?

    BTW: Any good decent priced monitors out there? I want to buy a nice display, just don't feel like shelling out a ridiculous amount of money. Thanks!
  2. Umbongo macrumors 601


    Sep 14, 2006
    It may not be January when we see a new Mac Pro, I'd expect it before the second quarter though. Refurbs will take a while after that to pop up, so you may be best buying in November. Refurbs don't tend to get cheaper by the way.

    As for monitors there are so many filling a variety needs you'd have to be more specific about your requirements and usage.
  3. matt1219 thread starter macrumors regular

    Sep 16, 2008
    Well, I don't really need anything too big, so a 20-24 inch should be fine.
  4. isethx macrumors regular

    Aug 14, 2008
    if you don't NEED it and it's more of a want thing i would wait until January
  5. sushi Moderator emeritus


    Jul 19, 2002
    The waiting game has so many uncertainties.

    Recommend that you buy what you need, when you need it.

    So if you don't need it, then you can wait until you do. :)
  6. matt1219 thread starter macrumors regular

    Sep 16, 2008
    Okay. I'll probably buy it around December-January.
  7. 11800506 macrumors 65816


    Oct 31, 2007
    Washington D.C. Area
    Just remember though that when they update them they will be getting Nehalem which is a HUGE update and will make the Mac Pro much faster.

Share This Page