Mac Pro starts up on its own from sleep mode

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by soitai, Jun 10, 2010.

1. soitai macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Pro and when I put it to sleep, it randomly starts itself back up-sometimes after 2 minutes and sometimes after 3 hours. I've tried repairing permissions, maintenance, etc. and have no clue as to what might be causing this. Any ideas?

2. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Yeah I had this year ago. It usually woke up during the night I was sleeping, but usually in the morning when I was "half a sleep" and I could hear it waking, so approx after 8 hours I put it to sleep. This lasted couple months and then suddenly for no reason it stopped.

I was free of it about an year, but just last week it just suddenly started again for no reason. :confused:

3. soitai thread starter macrumors newbie

I took a look at the reference you sent 666sheep and I'll try it and see what info it gives me. thank you both for your quick response.

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

5. soitai thread starter macrumors newbie

kellen, waking for network access is unchecked. pardon my ignorance, what is BT?

6. soitai thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all for your help. In the end it was the trackball which I use in place of the conventional mouse that was causing the problem. Disconnecting it from the keyboard when I put it to sleep has solved the issue. Thanks again.