Mac Pro Tiger issues HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joshwest, Jul 6, 2007.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

Im not sure if this is because of the machine or just Tiger but recently my applications have been freezing up my dock has become in-opriable not working whatsoever. I'll force quit a application like safari or adium but the window will stay up, but in the dock it show's its not active, but you cant reopen. My only solution i have had is rebooting. anyone have a similar trouble, i have never had a problem like this in os x on any of my macs and ive owned about 10 in the past 3 years.

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

How much RAM do you have? Did you install any third party RAM? Try verifying and repairing permissions (should be done after every software update from Apple). If you installed 3rd party RAM try running memtest to check for memory errors. Before that, though, if you did install any third party RAM, take it out, reboot the computer, and see if the problem still exists. If it does, then there's your culprit.

3. joshwest thread starter macrumors 65816

joshwest

i had 2 512 stock and i put in a 2x512 of Centon Apple Certified Ram.. Having 2 gigs total.. you think the ram could be the culp?

Update: I really need some help guys, i have removed my third party memory and now with just stock memory, ( i ran memtest and my machine with the third party ram plus stock ram there was no errors ), now with third removed still having issues my dock's magnification does work the dock locks up and sometimes i cant choose the app, sometime the app freezes and even a force quit leaves the app up in the back ground and you cant modify it the only solution is a reboot, anyone else have similar issues, ive also repaired permissions and all have came back fine.