Mac Pro unable to do work

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slug420, Aug 12, 2007.

1. slug420 macrumors regular

so I went away for a couple days and left my mac pro running.

When i came back i couldnt (it seemed) get it to come out of sleep mode. It was still running, but the monitors had gone itno sleep mode and they wouldnt come out of it.

So I held in the pwoer button to shut it down and then pushed it again to power back up. when osx loaded I got a message on the screen that said "The computer was restarted after Mac OS X quit unexpectedly" i can click ok or report....the report button gets highlighted blue when i mouseover it but i cant click on it (nothing happens) and the ok button doesnt even get highlighted when i mouseover it (cant click on that either). so my mac is just sitting there with this message on the screen...what can i do?

tia

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Did you try pressing the <return> or <enter> keys since they could be used, if a default response is defined?

If you have third party memory that didn't ship with the machine, have you removed that and tried to start the machine again?

Have you unplugged any devices other than the Apple keyboard and mouse and restarted?

3. slug420 thread starter macrumors regular

The return/enter/space bar keys dont work (i did try that).

I have 3rd party memory and thus far have been unable to determine which of it is bad (i suspect some of it is).

this just happened again where I went out for a few hours, came back and it was in sleep mode (the monitors were). I couldnt wake it up so I powered it off, powered it on, and still couldnt click the send report button. So I had to turn it off and turn it on again and i can use my computer now but i still havent ben able to see a report or send a report to determine what the problem is.