Mac Pro Unavailable in Apple Store

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by RainbowMac, Mar 12, 2010.

1. RainbowMac macrumors newbie

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It doesn't prove that the update is imminent... Apple Stores don't have dozens of Mac Pros in stock because they don't sell like hot cakes as other cheaper Macs do and also in case of burglary they won't lose that much.

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

9:20 CST....Mac Pros in the US Apple Store look pretty available to me.

4. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

5. RainbowMac thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm, interesting. It did say Unavailable in red letters a little while ago.

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

everything was "unavailable" during the ipad pre-order take down. It doesn't mean anything.

7. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

OP was unclear whether there were no Mac Pros in the online Apple store (store.apple.com) or in a local retail store. The online store shows Mac Pros shipping immediately.

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

I assumed online because he posted at 9:08 this morning and most Apple Retail Stores don't open until 10 AM.

9. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Ships within 24 hours.

Ships within 24 hours.

Also, as posted previously, there are eight refurbs available.

Crossing my fingers for new Mac Pros on Tuesday. It will have to be a pretty compelling update for me to replace my early 08. But at any rate, I hope they offer the Radeon 5870 with the new ones. More importantly, I hope they offer the card by itself so I can upgrade my 8800GT !!!!
    However, knowing Apple, they probably figured out a way to make the card only work with the new one, leaving current MP owners out in the wind to twist. :rolleyes: I really hope that's not the case though. :confused:

10. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

On the east coast it was already 10:08 ;)

11. Nadav35 macrumors member

Radeon 5870

Hi, as long as your mac pro is a 2008 or greater and supports EFI64, the ATI Radeon 5870 will work just fine if not better than the current card you have. I don't think ATI would allow Apple to get away with shutting out 2008 mac pros, not for a long while yet, that is until the EFI128 comes out, but by then it is predicted that since Apple is moving further and further away from the pro market(NANOFROG), the mac pro's days are numbering fewer and fewer each day.

In other words, the need for such a machine is dwindling as Apple is more interested in the laptop and gadget's market where it makes the MOST of its money. The mac pro and ill-fated xserve are doomed to be extinct by late 2013 or early 2014 possibly earlier.

Read Nanofrog's posts on this.