Mac Pro Upgraded: Bootcamp perform as good as PC with gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Hatchet, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

I've been wondering for quite some time about the effectiveness of Bootcamp on Mac's as I'd like the best of both worlds.

I am absolutely fascinated with Mac's and would love to be able to use Mac's OS as a primary source for my work and also have the ability to use Windows for other entertainment needs.

With that said, will bootcamp perform as good or better if I customize my Mac Pro to cater to gaming/application needs for windows games (High end video cards, upgraded ram, etc)?

Is that possible to enjoy both worlds on a well equipped Mac Pro?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

A Mac booted into Windows will perform just like any other computer of the same specifications booted into Windows.

In before valid Mac Pro video card whiners. (I'm a card carrying member as well.)

3. Hatchet thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, great. I'd really like to get rid of this PC then as it just takes up space and makes noise.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Great idea!

5. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

I am running Vista under boot camp, it is awesome, very fast, probably faster than most PC desktop or laptop I know. My iMac and MBP is my best computer I ever had so far, no regret. I am enjoying the best of both world.

I use the beautiful Leopard for most of my daily works. Once in a while I will miss Windows, so I will just run it for fun. I also dare to do all sort of experiment with my Vista now, since if I screwed it up, all I need to do it to delete the partition and create a new one again.