Mac pro value?

pjsmith67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2010
This week, I attended a local company's bankruptcy auction. Surprisingly they had a bunch of Mac Pros for sale. I ended up getting a 2010 2.8 ghz quad core Mac Pro with 3gb of RAM and a 1 TB disk drive for $380. I thought this was a good deal and was wondering what its actually worth.

I am replacing the RAM with 2 4gb DIMMs tonight.

Thanks,

Phil

ctucci

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Yer Mom's basement.
This week, I attended a local company's bankruptcy auction. Surprisingly they had a bunch of Mac Pros for sale. I ended up getting a 2010 2.8 ghz quad core Mac Pro with 3gb of RAM and a 1 TB disk drive for $380. I thought this was a good deal and was wondering what its actually worth.

Thanks,

Phil
Gazelle.com buys used electronics, and they say $996 as you purchased it. Looks like a bit over a grand on Ebay.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
The stock quad core with a smaller HD (320 GB) and the same processor has a estimated retail price of $1200-$1500, after the very informed opinion of everymac.com

So you got a heck of a deal in this one. Congrats!

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand

Thanks,

Phil
Sounds like you got a hell of a deal on it! I would've bought it without giving it a second thought if I could get it for that price.

PS: If you only put in 2 DIMMs of RAM you will loose the triple channel speed. So you'd be better of making sure you use a number of DIMMs which is a multiple of 3.