Mac Pro video Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wayrath, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Wayrath macrumors newbie

Hello, have an extremely strange issue.
    I have a mac pro 1,1 with two displays and an NVIDIA 8800 card.

I was booted into Windows 7 using bootcamp, the machine froze during video playback, hard rebooted. Blue Screened in Windows, went to restart into OS 10.5.7 and I get the Apple logo and spinning gear, it then flashes briefly and goes to a grey screen. The second monitor never engages. The machine is fully booted as I can connect to it with my laptop through filesharing.

I've tried PRAM/SMC reset, removing all the RAM/all external devices, pretty much everything. Anyone seen anything like this? I've even tried replacing the video card and switching PCI slots, with the same issue still occurring. Any other ideas?

2. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

You need to try and boot into windows 7 and Uninstall it so try to open the boot menu but i don't know if there is a boot menu in Mac because I have only just got mine but I was able to get rid of Vista on my old HP and replace it with XP Pro because I had bluescreen. I did this by booting from disc. Insert your Leopard disc and if this is possible boot from disc. Then it should detect other Operating systems and you can delete them but I'm talking from a Windows point of view so if there is not boot menu then sorry I've been no help at all

3. Wayrath thread starter macrumors newbie

I've completely uninstalled Windows, didn't help. Again, I can fully boot OS X, as I can connect to it remotely. It's just having video issues now.

4. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Sorry I can't be of more help. Hope my previous post helped you at least a tiny bit

5. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Wayrath

Have you checked the video card for dust?