Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Fedge, Sep 3, 2006.
Yes, you read that correctly. My order has shipped as of this morning!
congrats on the purchase! how much did it run you?*
you'll have to post some benchmarks and pics with you get it*
As soon as it arrives, I'll be benchmarking it to death. My plans are:
Aperture w/ x1900
Bootcamp gaming on the x1900
Internal SATA connectors
If there's any other unresolved benchmarks, I'm taking requests
Just make sure to use the SATA fix for Bootcamp... you can create the slipstreamed install disc before your Mac Pro arrives.
You can also try opening all the applications you can and running stuff in them and seeing how much it takes to clog a Mac Pro up , for example you can start by looping a 1080p video while applying a filter in Photoshop, burning a CD, ripping a movie to iPod format with Quicktime and copy a bunch of files from one HDD to another and work from there opening and opening apps...
Great news! Hope it available solo too.
thanks. can't wait to see the results*
What was your original est ship date?
Great to hear Fedge! Is the tracking saying where they're shipping them from yet? China? Or Rancho Cordova or Fullerton?
The tracking number hasn't activated in FedEx's system yet. But I'll let you know when it does.
My Mac Pro has shipped also and will be here onthe 5th!!!!
I'm so envious right now! Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about it. I hope it's all worth the wait.
what an awesome machine... congrats! be sure to let us know how it all goes.
website still shows adding the card to your cart est ship in 3-4 weeks =X
Yeah there's gonna be a pretty long backup for awhile I think. I believe there's also been situations in the past where an item was listed as having a wait time but in actuatlity was shipping next day.
my regular order hasnt shipped yet, and is still cancelable.
thinking about canceling the order. and getting this one, i just didnt want to wait a month, but i could wait another week or 2
hopefully others will post, if more do, i will
Do you really think they're going to wait that long for each person provided they have the cards? I'm guessing everybody, even new customers will see them a loot sooner.
Mine is still cancelable as well. Hopefully that will change in the next day or so.
You may want to just call Apple and have them add the X1900 if you want it, might be easier than canceling and then re-ordering which might throw you all the way to early October potentially.
Good to hear. Perhaps mine will ship before the estimated ship date of Sept 29 (just ordered last week). This does seem to blow the X1950 speculation out of the water, but in truth I didn't put much stock in that to begin with. Enjoy, but be sure to post and lets us know your results.
For those of you whose Mac Pros have shipped:
What time of day did you recieve your emails at? This'll help me determine whether they're shipping out in huge batches every week (I doubt they'd slow themselves up like this) or if they're shipping them out as they become available, it would just be interesting to see.
As with previous products, they 'ship' them when they become available, and the courier picks them up in batches at the end of the day (local time from the source).
Do they work night shifts/Sundays? Just my anxiousness coming out here.
Good news for those who had their shipping dates moved up! Hopefully this good news comes along to everyone else down the line who has ordered a Pro as well!
I am anxious too, since my CC hasn't been charged yet... and I ordered on the 7th. :/
One of the people at AppleInsider who've had theirs shipped has the same configuration, shipping, and order date as me, just makes me antsy.