Mac Pro/wifi?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Martyimac, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Just looking at the mp's on Apple site, both new and refurbished. I noticed that wifi capability is not listed as included hardware. Not only that, there is no option to add wifi! What am I missing? Why isn't wifi available? Doesn't make sense.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

http://www.apple.com/macpro/specs.html

;)

Edit: It was an optional extra on pre 2010 Mac Pros so assume it doesn't come with it on refurb machines (although it may well do but just not listed). It's not an expensive add on though, an Apple Service Centre can usually be convinced to sell you the part. It was something like $50 for my 2006 Mac Pro I seem to remember and was pretty easy to retrofit.

3. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Thank you Spanky. It is weird, when you go to either the refurb machines or new machines in the store, nowhere, other than the link you gave me, mentions 802.11 connectivity. I guess if I want a refurb, I would do best to call Apple and confirm that WIFI is either on them or at least available.

Thanks again.

4. eponym macrumors 6502

The store page does list Wi-Fi for the new machines. Under the default models are all the tech specs. There's even a big graphic:

[​IMG]

5. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Yes, if you click the tech specs tab. I had missed that before. Spanky was kind enough to show me the link.