Mac Pro, Windows 7 64bit and BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by camperboy, Apr 1, 2011.

1. camperboy macrumors newbie

Hi all. I have a serious problem. I need install Windows 7 because sometimes I use 3DS Max software for rendering. Yesterday I tried install Windows 7 Pro 64bit on my newest model Mac Pro with 16GB RAM. Installation was correctly but after this and around 25 - 30 sek appears Blue Screen of Death. This happen every time when I install BootCamp drivers. No matter what version 3.1 or 3.2 every time BSOD.

BTW: After installation BootCamp 3.1 from install DVD from my Mac Pro Apple Aoftware Update tell me about newest versiom BC drivers. Of course I`m doing an update but after restart I still have BootCamp drivers in 3.1 ver.

I do no know what to do. Please help me guys....

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Wow, something seriously buggy sounds like it's going on there. Honestly, you could spend hours and hours trying to figure out what the problem(s) is/are by trial and error, but I'd recommend just starting over. Yes, back up any files you need from the Windows partition (if any) and just delete the whole thing. Recreate the partition and start from scratch. I know that may sound drastic, but believe me, I can't tell you how many times where I've been in situations where I'll have weird problems like the ones you're describing, and a reformat and clean install fixed everything.

3. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

man BSOD is the worst.. for me it's impossible to ever find out what caused it.. do what the guy above me said.. think that's the best way to sort this out.