Mac Pro With Weather Station ???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AFMRPCUSER, Apr 12, 2010.

1. AFMRPCUSER macrumors member

AFMRPCUSER

I tried this topic and issue once before over 6 Months ago with little success so I will make a second attempt believing that there may be a technical type willing to share there experiences. I Recently purchased a Mac Pro and I am considering interfacing it to a Digital Weather Station to collect WX Data and manipulate it via a Program that runs on the Mac. Almost every high-end Weather Station that is sold touts PC compatibility and about 1/2 claim to interface Mac's. The flip side here is after reading the reviews on them... I have found that many users have run aground and encountered technical problems attempting to interface them to a Mac or PC. Anyone here have first hand experience interfacing a modern Digital Weather Station to a Mac via one of the USB ports?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

As I recall, you first posted a topic about this thirteen days ago. Hardly six months.

Regardless of when you last posted a topic about this, considering how expensive weather station gear is, I have a suspicion nobody here has ever set one up. I may be wrong, and best of luck to you.

I don't want to be a complete downer for you, so did you check out this piece of equipment? Claims it has a Mac interface, though that's optional. It looked pretty good.

3. AFMRPCUSER thread starter macrumors member

AFMRPCUSER

My Reply 2 U

I have checked out plenty of them. The information I desire is from users.. Reviews if you will. The problem with the WX Station manufactures is that they do not offer technical information other than the standard Buzz on their Cut Sheets. I will look for WX Forums/Sites on the Web, I'm certain after some thorough searching I will find what I am looking for. TNX..:cool: