Mac Pro X1900 XT Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bld44, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bld44 macrumors 6502

Aye, just when I get another display to fix my flickering problem, now I've got a blue vertical line to the left of my screen. Instead of being the monitor, it looks like the video card is producing this. Its only on my right display (where the dock is), but stays if I switch the dock to the left. I've tried plugging the monitors into my laptop and the problem doesn't exist. If I mirror the displays, it shows up on both screens. I'm fresh out of ideas here. Calibrated, tried many desktops, still there. I've installed the firmware update too, but that didn't do anything. Any ideas?

Screenshot

2. crjeong macrumors member

Okay, so your screen capture doesn't really show anything odd. But I know what your talking about. I've had a similar problem with my Mac Pro. Weird horizontal lines across the screen.

I read that it has to do with the graphics card from overheating. People suggested contacting apple for a replacement. Although other said giving it a clean also fixed the problem.

I just got my vacum out and cleaned out the inards of my Mac, I'm waiting to see what happens now. No artifacts so far. Fingers crossed. If this doesn't work I'll be contacting apple immediately.

3. bld44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I should have mentioned that its not the wallpaper. That would be wayyy to easy.

The vertical line is all the way to the left, and completely visible. It may be difficult to see due to the edge of your browser, but I completely see it when I visit the link.

I've just cleaned it out a few weeks ago. I don't know if that'll help, but I'll try it again.

4. mediaboy macrumors member

I had the same horizontal line problem. Drove me nuts.

I also had some additional symptoms, stuck red,blue,yellow pixels .

Constant crashing.

Replaced my video card, has run absolutely perfect since then.

Hope this helps

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...rizontal+lines