Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by terin5124, Mar 31, 2008.

1. terin5124 macrumors newbie

I need some choosing which computer to buy...

I'm wondering if the mac pro is the computer that I need. I need a computer that will run a 3D visualization software under Windows.

I want to get a 3.2Ghz Mac Pro with 16GB of third-party memory, with a Quadro FX 5600 graphics card, using two 30" ACDs. The reason I want a Mac Pro is primarily because a want a Mac.

My question/worry is: Will the Windows software that I need to use run exactly as well or better under XP through Boot Camp on this Mac Pro as it would on a similarly spec'd PC?

It seems that some say XP only runs 32-bit under Boot Camp. Also, is this graphics card, processor, etc. fully supported in XP? And what about the hard drives?

If boot camp won't work, is there a better solution? Should I just buy a PC?

Thanks in advance, I just need some clarification before I make this big purchase.

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Running Windows under bootcamp is identical to running Windows on a PC. The experience should be exactly the same as an identically equipped PC. The bootcamp installation process will ensure that all necessary drivers required for the Apple hardware are installed with Windows.