Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by EliranHaliva, Feb 2, 2009.

  1. EliranHaliva macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2009
    #1
    Hello Evreyone.

    Im Eliran Haliva a producer, trance/electro/progressive producer.
    i plan to buy new MAC PRO but i see on this web that not to buy

    cuz update soon

    i work on logic so what you say ?
    wait to the new update and if do wait, how much time it will be ?

    Eliran.

    www.myspace.com/EliranHaliva
     
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    If you need it for work, screw the update. Buy now.

    If not, wait five months with the rest of us.
     
  3. EliranHaliva thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2009
    #3
    5 months you sure?
    any chance it will come sooner?
     
  4. dophineh macrumors member

    dophineh

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Location:
    California
    #4
    apple always releases products in january and july.
     
  5. EliranHaliva thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2009
    #5
    okey ...

    it will be big different from MAC PRO to NEW MAC PRO ?
    significant performance ??

    or the "old" mac pro will do the work ?
     
  6. Fomaphone macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    #6
    i know you just want your question answered, but there are many other threads covering exactly the same info even on the first page of threads in the mac pro forum... just look, dude.

    yes, the current model will more than be enough to run logic well.

    if you were to read the other threads, you'd see that there will be at least a 20% gain in performance, with some people (wildly) speculating almost double speed when Snow Leopard is released. although Snow Leopard won't improve the current models as much it will improve the models due h1 2009, Snow leopard will give a great bump to your system regardless. so, what it boils down to is buy if you NEED it, and if waiting won't cost you more money than buying/upgrading, wait. either way, buy snow leopard when it is released.
     
  7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location:
    Britain
    #7
    It will be here before 5 months. Probably early April.

    http://www.macrumors.com/2009/02/02/mac-pro-suitable-xeon-nehalem-processors-due-march-29th/

    I would wait unless you really need it. The new model is promised to offer significant performance increases (although take that with a pinch of salt). Also be warned that these new chips cost a bit more so expect a price increase of... probably $200. If you live outside the US, the odds are your exchange rate has been ****ed so expect a hefty price increase.
     
  8. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    #8
    Why wait? for what? I have yet to read a reason to justify waiting till June or later.

    Plain and simple if You really really need the system now, than buy it, or better yet wait till next year when even better processors come out, but the economy in the US will be even more screwed than what it is now so cost will probably more than likely double.
     
  9. POLOgt macrumors member

    POLOgt

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2009
    #9
    I would buy now, and recommend buying used,
    you can get a great discount and most still are under AppleCare.
     
  10. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

    rockinrocker

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    #10
    either way is fine. you'll get a great system that will work for years.
     
  11. surflordca macrumors 6502a

    surflordca

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #11
    Intel is releasing the new chip on March 29 so we have to guess when Apple will release a new computer after that.
     
  12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #12
    Well... for all intents and purposes, the W5580 is already out, and the others are probably in the hands of OEMs who want them along with it.
     
  13. tom. macrumors 6502

    tom.

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #13
    The guessing game - it is all part of the fun I suppose. Will be interesting to see what comes out.

    I am in the process of deciding what action to take!
     
  14. Umbongo macrumors 601

    Umbongo

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Location:
    England
    #14
    Flip a coin.
     

Share This Page