Mac programs on Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macuser8711, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Macuser8711 macrumors newbie

I purchased Adobe Flash for Mac. Is it possible to convert it and run it on Windows? Is there anyway at all I can use it on my Windows comp?

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Macuser8711 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Mac desktopbut I also want to install it on my laptop... however that is a PC.

4. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Call Adobe. I think they let you buy a really cheap windows license for the software if you have already purchased a mac license. Dont quote me on that, i just vaguely recall reading that somewhere.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You purchased a single user licence, so you can use it only on one computer.
    As Adobe only delivers (as it seems) single platform installation DVDs, you have to get a Windows version too.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I also remember reading this on this site. I think they called it a cross-platform license.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Even if you wanted to install it on another Mac you technically need a second license.
    2) Mac applications don't run under Windows. Windows applications don't run on Mac OS (emulation/Bootcamp doesn't count - its still Windows). You're talking Apples and oran....Windows.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They provide a cheap cross platform upgrade, that is if you plan on moving from one platform to another. If you want to run bothj, you need to buy both.

9. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Adobe's license allows installation on two computers, just not to be used simultaneously. This is pretty standard. MS Office is the same. I have CS3 installed on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro and both activated without a hitch.

As far as the whole "cross platform" license is concerned, I have no idea.

10. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Yep. Its ok to use the cross-platform license as long as you are only using it on one computer at a time. Its just so you dont buy a mac and pc copy and split the lowered license fee with a friend.